By engaging with our services you agree to our terms and conditions and Liability Waiver:
All tutors are independent contractors and are not employees of Seattle Services LLC. We will do our best but we do not guarantee or represent that test prep tutoring and academic subject tutoring will improve scores or grades.
In-Person Tutoring Waiver
Thank you for choosing Seattle Tutoring Services (STS). We look forward to working with you in person. Thank you for supporting us in our efforts to keep everyone healthy.
STS Parent/Guardian Assumption of Risk Waiver COVID-19
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
• Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread primarily from person-to-person contact but may also spread from surface contact.
Consistent with King County’s plan to allow businesses to re-open, STS is open for in-person services and has implemented preventative measures recommended by the King County to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. Despite those measures, STS cannot guarantee that the undersigned or your child(ren) (each a “Participant”) will not come into contact with other individuals who are infected with COVID-19 or that any Participant will not become infected with COVID-19.
By signing this Waiver and participating in activities and/or visiting STS, or interacting with STS’ tutors (Independent Contractors working for STS), the undersigned, on behalf of himself/herself and each child-Participant:
- Assumes the risk that a Participant may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending STS or participating in STS activities
- Assumes all of risks associated with COVID-19 resulting from attendance at STS and participation in activities at STS, including any illness, injury, liability, loss or expense any Participant may suffer or incur (“Claims”); and
- Agrees that Participant is personally responsible for his/her safety and actions while using STS services and facilities
- Agrees to not participate in tutoring if anyone in the household is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4 F, sore throat, chills, new loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, nauses/vomiting/diarrhea, congestion/runny nose not associated w/ allergies, unusual fatigue) or has been exposed to a COVID-19 positive or suspected positive individual within 14 days.
- Agrees to utilize writing utensils, paper, electronic devices separate from that of the tutor.
- Agrees to keep physical distance from tutor as much as reasonably possible. Use of outside tutoring or well-ventilated areas are encouraged when possible.
- Agrees that everyone in household wear a mask during tutoring sessions.
- Agrees that those at high risk for health problems from COVID-19 should consult with their health care provider when considering whether to participate in tutoring.
- Understands that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while using STS services may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of Participant and others, including, but not limited to, STS workers and their families
- Releases, covenants not to sue, discharges, and holds harmless STS, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from all Claims.